Global Market Study on Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment: Trends Indicate the Prevalence of New Combination Treatment and Dual Inhibitors
- Rep Id : XPLREP2263
- Published On : March, 2018
- No. of Pages : 223
- Category : Biotechnology
- Publisher : Persistence Market Research
Global Healthcare Sector Outlook
Despite the economic and political uncertainty in the recent past, the global healthcare industry has been receiving positive nudges from reformative and technological disruptions in medical devices, pharmaceuticals and biotech, in-vitro diagnostics, and medical imaging. Key markets across the world are facing a massive rise in demand for critical care services that are pushing global healthcare spending levels to unimaginable limits.
A rapidly multiplying geriatric population; increasing prevalence of chronic ailments such as cancer and cardiac disease; growing awareness among patients; and heavy investments in clinical innovation are just some of the factors that are impacting the performance of the global healthcare industry. Proactive measures such as healthcare cost containment, primary care delivery, innovation in medical procedures (3-D printing, blockchain, and robotic surgery to name a few), safe and effective drug delivery, and well-defined healthcare regulatory compliance models are targeted at placing the sector on a high growth trajectory across key regional markets.
Parent Indicators Healthcare
- Current expenditure on health, % of gross domestic product
- Current expenditure on health, per capita, US$ purchasing power parities (current prices, current PPPs)
- Annual growth rate of current expenditure on health, per capita, in real terms
- Out-of-pocket expenditure, % of current expenditure on health
- Out-of-pocket expenditure, per capita, US$ purchasing power parity (current prices, current PPPs)
- Physicians, Density per 1000 population (head counts)
- Nurses, Density per 1000 population (head counts)
- Total hospital beds, per 1000 population
- Curative (acute) care beds, per 1000 population
- Medical technology, Magnetic Resonance Imaging units, total, per million population
- Medical technology, Computed Tomography scanners, total, per million population
XploreMR utilizes a triangulation methodology that is primarily based on experimental techniques such as patient-level data, to obtain precise market estimations and insights on Molecule and Drug Classes, API Formulations and preferred modes of administration. Bottom-up approach is always used to obtain insightful data for the specific regions. The country specific data is again analysed to derive data at a global level. This methodology ensures high quality and accuracy of information.
Secondary research is used at the initial phase to identify the age specific disease epidemiology, diagnosis rate and treatment pattern, as per disease indications. Each piece of information is eventually analysed during the entire research project which builds a strong base for the primary research information.
Primary research participants include demand-side users such as key opinion leaders, physicians, surgeons, nursing managers, clinical specialists who provide valuable insights on trends and clinical application of the drugs, key treatment patterns, adoption rate, and compliance rate.
Quantitative and qualitative assessment of basic factors driving demand, economic factors/cycles and growth rates and strategies utilized by key players in the market is analysed in detail while forecasting, in order to project Year-on-Year growth rates. These Y-o-Y growth projections are checked and aligned as per industry/product lifecycle and further utilized to develop market numbers at a holistic level.
On the other hand, we also analyse various companies annual reports, investor presentations, SEC filings, 10k reports and press release operating in this market segment to fetch substantial information about the market size, trends, opportunity, drivers, restraints and to analyse key players and their market shares. Key companies are segmented at Tier level based on their revenues, product portfolio and presence.
Please note that these are the partial steps that are being followed while developing the market size. Besides this, forecasting will be done based on our internal proprietary model which also uses different macro-economic factors such as per capita healthcare expenditure, disposable income, industry based demand driving factors impacting the market and its forecast trends apart from disease related factors.
Key Questions Answered
- How the market has performed over the past few years?
- What have been the challenges for market participants and how did they overcome them?
- How has the technology landscape evolved over the past years?
- How the competitors have performed and what have been their growth strategies?
- What is the market potential expected to look like in near future across the globe?
- How to sustain and grow market share?
- What should be the future course of action?
- Where do I currently stand?
- Which are the segments, factors, regions offering promising growth potential?
- What are the trends in the market and am I ready for them?
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
By Therapy Type
- Symptomatic Treatment
- Intermediate Corticosteroid Therapies
- Disease Modifying Antirheumatic Drug (DMARD) Therapies
- Conventional DMARDs
- Biologic DMARDs
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Drug Stores